The 12- Step Guide To Obtaining a Cannabis Licence
Published on August 6, 2020
Author: Vincent Bowry
Are you interested in entering the Cannabis market as a grower, processor, researcher or seller? This is NaturalSci Regulatory Consulting's 12- Step Guide To Obtaining a Cannabis License under the Cannabis Licence Act.
Revenue in Canada’s cannabis sector is forecasted to more than double next year despite slower-than-expected growth, according to a leading industry analyst.
CIBC Capital Markets, the investment banking subsidiary of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, sees recreational cannabis sales hitting CA$4.1 billion in 2021.
Under the Cannabis Act, Health Canada offers a number of licenses for Cannabis cultivation, processing and sale.
Obtaining a Cannabis Licence and being able to sell/produce Cannabis Products typically involves all of the following general steps:
- Identify the type of licence needed for the activities you wish to conduct.
- Acquire a facility and modify it to meet all Security and Good Production Practices (GPP) requirements.
- Create a CTLS account for the company.
- Hire and designate required individuals for the licence (i.e. Head of Security, RPIC, QAP).
- All required individuals associated with the licence must create CTLS accounts and apply for Security Clearances.
- Create all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documentation needed to meet the requirements of the Cannabis Regulations.
- Create an application through the CTLS for the licence(s) desired and gather the information needed to submit the application.
- After the application is submitted, clear any “requests for more information” from Health Canada.
- Complete in-person audit/inspection with Health Canada at the facility.
- Send official responses to any deficiencies identified during the facility inspection.
- Await approval of responses and granting of licence(s).
- Send 60-day new product notifications for all products that are to be sold after licence(s) received (NOTE: these can be sent while awaiting approval for the licence).
Find Out More
If you are interested in obtaining a cannabis license, NaturalSci Regulatory Consulting can help you to get started. The best place to start is to set up a consultation with one of our specialists. Click the link below to get in touch with us.
What Type Of Cannabis License Do I Need?
What Type Of Cannabis License Do I Need? Published on October 28, 2020 Author: Kyley Paul Are you interested in…Read More
What Might Cannabis 3.0 Look Like?
What Might Cannabis 3.0 Look Like? Published on May 15, 2020 Author: Anthony Brunski Cannabis 2.0 is finally here but…Read More
What’s New In Cannabis 2.0?
What’s new in Cannabis 2.0 Published on April 15, 2020 Author: Anthony Brunski With new Cannabis Products gradually entering the…Read More